It’s the last day of 2014.
2015 starts tomorrow.
Today is the day.
What will you do differently to help people, make a difference, and grow your business this year?
What stories will you tell?
More importantly, what stories will your customers hear?
In 1997, business sage Tom Peters wrote a brief but incredibly influential article for Fast Company magazine. In “The Brand Called You,” Peters declared:
Regardless of age, regardless of position, regardless of the business we happen to be in, all of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You.
Being the CEO of brand You does not mean the world revolves around you. Far from it. It means proactively positioning yourself so others know you’re trustworthy, reliable, and capable of helping them.
It was true then. Now that we’re all online—email, websites, social media—almost all the time, it’s even more true today.
So what have you done this year to market You—yourself or your business, your brand?
For my part, I have two things in mind:
- I want to help you by continuing to share ideas, books, podcasts, and blogs that keep me sharp and change how I think and what I do.
- I want to further explore ways to “help you look good” so you in turn can help others.
How am I going to do that?
First, make sure you're on my email list (sign up here). I’ll send you blog posts, news, and exclusive offers in the new year. Many of these updates and offers will be sent ONLY to the email list—you’re going to get the best stuff.
Second—to continue to help you look good—I’ve thought long and hard about how to do that. The personal branding trend only continues to rise. As a media professional, I think it’s important for you to put your best foot—and face—forward.
And it doesn’t matter if you’re an executive, a business owner, an author or speaker, an actor, a dentist, a lawyer, a building contractor, a salesperson—everyone wants to know if you’re someone they can get to know, like, and trust before they’ll hire you.
So I’ve completely retooled my professional portrait offerings (some people call them “headshots”) for 2015 into personal branding sessions.
You can see everything on the Business details page but let me summarize the big points here:
- Four different packages at four different price points to meet a wide variety of needs and budgets
- Your choice of one, three, six, and twelve image packages
- Pre-session clothing and style consultation with a Certified Image Consultant on select sessions
- Graphic design with your images prepared specifically for social media profiles: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and About.me as well as your website on select sessions
- Your personal profile “bio” copy written by a professional copywriting and marketing team on select sessions
I’ve done a couple of the new sessions already and we’ve had a blast. We made great pictures and had a lot of fun at the same time.
But more than just pictures and fun, I want you to walk out of a branding session with an armful of assets that will help you build your brand and your business. These images will help you tell your prospects and clients a story, the story that their best choice for whatever they need is you.
So that’s the big reveal: brand new branding sessions for 2015. Please take a moment to check them out. I’ll wait.
Now—what’s the deal?
To celebrate the launch of these new sessions, I’m offering special pricing on the top two packages though the first half of 2015.
When you book either a Professional or Media Master package, here’s how it will work:
- January and February: save $500 on Media Master or $350 on Professional
- March and April: save $350 on Media Master or $200 on Professional
- May and June: save $200 on Media Master or $100 on Professional
After June, these deals will go away and won’t be offered again.
Drop me a note and let’s talk about how we can help make you and your business look good.
Thanks for doing what you do. I hope we can help each other more in 2015.
By the way: still not sure if this personal branding thing holds water? Neil Patel has put together one of the best personal branding guides I’ve seen—it's FREE and it's well worth your time.
It's also FREE and well worth your time.